High School Pre-Cosmetology Registration Steps
Print off the registration forms needed for prospective students needed to enter the program. Click HERE to get the forms.
For Course registration, Please mark Nail Technology. The Official Signature at the bottom is the signature of our Cosmetology Instructor, who will sign it once it is received.
Turn in the form, along with the following documents, to the Mercer County Technical Education office or your high school guidance counselor.
- A copy of the student's Social Security card.
- A government issued form of ID. (Preferably a driver's license)
- A recent "head-shot" photo 2" x 2" in size. A passport photo can be obtained at Walgreen's or other stores in the area.
- Physical form completed by the doctor stating that the student is able to stand and perform this kind of work with no restrictions.
- Email address that you check regularly.
- Once you are admitted into the program, you will need to provide a $25 money order or cashers check to MCTEC. The WV Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists will not accept a personal check nor cash. You will be notified by email when you must have the check to our school. If you do not turn in the $25 to the school by the required date, you will forfeit your spot in the next year's class.