The Mercer County Technical Education Center proudly works with all veterans to provide educational opportunities to advance their careers.
Students can submit their Certificate of Eligibility for our school, which can be obtained online or through a VA counselor at our local field office.
1500 W. Main Street
Princeton, WV 24740
Counties Served: Mercer, McDowell, Wyoming, Summers, and part of Monroe County
For any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA, we will not:
• Prevent their enrollment;
• Assess a late penalty fee to;
• Require they secure alternative or additional funding;
• Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional
facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
• Produce the VA’s Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class;
• Provide written request to be certified;
• Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies (see our VA School Certifying Official for all requirements).