School Mission Statement and Goals
The school, home and community will collaborate to ensure development of education skills and values that will promote successful life-long learning in the 21st Century.
- Provide resources and support for the implementation of the WV Next Generation Standards and related initiatives for the purpose of increasing student achievement, attendance and graduation rates.
- Require and demonstrate high expectations in classroom behavior, academic achievement, work ethic and attitude for students and employees.
- Implement research based professional practices that emphasize reading comprehension across the curriculum.
- Implement initiatives that will ensure the teaching of argumentative, informative and narrative writing across the curriculum.
- Implement and support initiatives designed to ensure that all students are taught a variety of processes, approaches and strategies that teach them "How to Learn" and equip them to be lifelong learners.