Mercer County Board of Education
Proposed Goals 2015-2016
1. Provide resources and support for the implementation of the WV Next Generation Standards and related initiatives for the purse of increasing student achievement, attendance and graduation rates.
2. Require and demonstrate high expectations in classroom behavior, academic achievement, work ethic and attitude for students and employees.
3. Implement research based professional practices that emphasize reading comprehension across the curriculum.
4. Implement initiatives that will ensure the teaching of argumentative, informative and narrative writing across the curriculum.
5. Implement and support initiatives designed to ensure that all students are taught a variety of processes, approaches and strategies that teach them "How to Learn" and equip them to be lifelong learners.